Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mr. Haynes' Math Corner

I had a lot of fun creating my own wiki page and being able to try things out and sample things that I wasn't previously familiar with. I was surprised at how easy it was to throw pictures, websites, and other things into the different pages that need a little bit of life added to them. I used our class website as a framework to build my own website around. I added a blogger section that students can use, as well as a student resources page that gives students different websites for math games. I was excited when I realized I could add my Google Form I created for last class into my website. I used the tables feature for my grading breakdown, and it was much simpler than I was anticipating it to be. I was expecting to have to resize and drag it around a bunch of times, but it fit perfectly as soon as it was added. I'm glad I was able to change the background theme. The all white was waaaaaay too boring and dull. I was wanting to use a picture of Neyland Stadium, but I couldn't get the picture formatted the right way, so I went with the classic UT orange instead. I also added a recent site activity in the side bar. I like that feature, because as a student it shows what the teacher has added or edited, which helps you know what's going on. I really found the Sites' history revisions an awesome feature. It was neat to go back and look at the changes and how different my site looked from different periods of time. It was like watching a little child grow up right before my eyes (tear).

Here is the link to my wiki page: Mr. Haynes' Math Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment